Skip to main content

NOVEMBER TBR!

I have decided this time around, that I'm going to be doing the TBR a bit earlier. If you have already recognised, I didn't do one last time. I'm not going to lie I simply forgot. Not at all good. But now looking back, there was no point for one. There simply wasn't enough. I have been collecting books though. Some you might like, some you might not. But you never know if you find that beautiful hidden gem! Who knows that from this post, you might of found your favourite book of all time?

The few books that I have got lined up for you are: The Iron Trial; Fangirl; Ballet Shoes and The Blood Of Olympus (which i still haven't began reading yet!). So i'm very excited. I have already started Fangirl which seems to be very good. It also seems to be that Cath, the main character has a personality which i can relate to- especially at this moment in time. But i don't want to spoil the plot so far. I've got to be careful if i am to save this for a review later on in the future.

I'm looking forward to the end of The Blood of Olympus. I have been trying really hard not to look at spoilers on the internet. It's quite sad actually, especially when i received it in the post the day it was published. I guess i don't want to rush it. Maybe it is the fact of which i don't want the Percy Jackson world to end, which i already understand Riordan has already brought out the concept of there being 'Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods' as well as the next book which hasn't yet been published 'Percy Jackson and the Greek Heroes'. But it won't be the same. I heard that it is not really about Percy but he is more like the narrator, which seems quite depressing to me. Although it may actually be very good. So if you have read it make sure you tell me in the comments, so then if it is fantastic i would actually consider buying it. But i would also need to know on whether the American or the UK version is much better than the other. Tell me, i will be listening!

Ballet Shoes is one that i had received from my Grandparents, as my Nan absolutely loves the book and everytime i talk about books she brings up the subject. So when she found it on the carboot she thought that i would like to read it. I find that fine, as there is never enough books to fill up in my spare time. The more the better. On the other hand, The Iron Trial is something i found in ASDA. For a few times going in there, i always seem to look at the book section and twice it has caught my eye. To be honest i have read a little bit of it and seems to be for the younger audience- meaning children. I don't mind about that as well, Percy is a childrens book but that hasn't stopped me. So we'll have to wait and see on whether it has been a good buy. Even if it doesn't it has a nice place on my bookshelf as it is a beautiful illustrated book cover.

I haven't got any further with the Dan Brown books, although i have began on 'Angels and Demons' which seems quite good so far. But i won't tell you anymore until nearer the time.

Happy Halloween!
KiKi
XxX

P.s. Sorry there wasn't any ghoulish titles! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just the Two of Us (Book 1) by Ryu Hyang

  SYNOPSIS 'Soohyuk: a paediatric emergency medicine specialist. A man who never eats something someone else gives him.  Soohyuk, the tyrant who rules S University Hospital's paediatric emergency room. He only cares about treating sick children, whether or not that gets in the way of advancing his career. He, a grouch to everyone aside from the patients, suddenly starts noticing a woman: the woman who feeds him. Yuna: a chef who makes boxed lunches. A woman who panics and collapses whenever she meets a man, due to trauma from her past. Wanting to do what she likes rather than going off to college, Yuna opens up her own business that specialises in boxed lunches. A Tasty Meal. She gets scared when one day she sees the tall Soohyuk standing outside her restaurant, but she soon learns he is only drawn to the delicious smell. And, somehow, she comes to be in charge of his everyday meals. When Soohyuk meets Yuna, a confident, surefooted woman who gets startled and scared when he co...

The Snow Song by Sally Gardner

Synopsis : 'Women imprisoned by superstition, chained by guilt. Perched on a mountain in a land of ancient forests is a village, rife with secrets. Cut off from the outside world it is run by the elders, men to whom tradition is all. Edith lives alone with her alcoholic father who is forcing her to marry the village butcher. But she is in love with a shepherd who promised to return to her. As the village becomes isolated in a sea of snow, Edith loses her power of speech. And it is this enchantment that will have far-reaching consequences, not only for Edith but for the whole village.'

Frankie and the Gift of Fantasy by Ruthy Ballard

I have always been captivated by the thought that there could be something beyond this world, yet connected by our very own. 'Frankie and the Gift of Fantasy' is set in the age range of being a children's book which is meant to help children think, evaluate and learn, not only about what is beyond our own world, but what happens on Earth today.  Frankie can be considered somewhat of a dreamer like any normal kid with some amount of creativity should be. The only problem is that when he needs to be practical according to his parents, his mind is instead, is up in the clouds. But this is not necessarily a bad thing, not when he is transported through a crack in the wall to a place called 'Urth'. The writing can be seen as very colloquial, to the point that it feels as though not only are they omniscient of Frankie and the events that will take place, but it feels like they are reeling the events to only the reader. Almost like they are talking about the story in the s...

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

For something new this year I have decided that it would be different to try out something new on the blog. Every week from now on I am going to find a word that I find to be interesting. So for this week the word is: denouement - the resolution of a mystery. Publisher: Corgi Books Pages: 593 Year it was Published: 2004 Places: Paris, London, England, Roslin Original Language: American English So do you remember when I showed you my TBR pile of Dan Brown books? I am sure that you are thinking where they have all got to! Well the reason because of this is I wanted a change for a little while and I have loads of other books to get through - as well as the obvious blog tour and interview! Unfortunately there won't be a relentless amount of Dan Brown reviews for the time being, after this one. I have only just started The Lost Symbol and there are plenty other reviews that are for other books. Plot Summary  For the Robert Langdon series second instalm...

An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth: Life Lessons From Space by Chris Hadfield

I usually hate non-fiction so very much. I tend to find it utterly boring as well as depressing. But with this book it is completely different. It stands on it's own two feet by being irregular and unique in my eyes. It's inspirational. He's a role model to anyone who has met him, read him or seen him on YouTube singing 'Space Oddity'.   Here is the YouTube that he recorded on the ISS of Space Oddity if you haven't already seen it. But seriously who hasn't? Anyway if you have seen it, why not see it again? It is really good. Anyway, the book itself, is a very good example with motivating people to aspire to what they really want to do. Rather than just simply dreaming of their dream, he is saying to put those words into actions and finally into reality. But not only that, if you don't exactly get to the place as to which you really want to strive to be, that's ok. It doesn't mean that you are a failure. No one is a true failure, unless you ...