Skip to main content

Meteorite Deceit

Yes! It's that time. I have read my very first Dan Brown book. Amazing. I think i have came away thinking more about what is happening in the world than any other. Fantastic! This is truly what i would say is a masterpiece, every detail refined to perfection. I believe that i have learnt so much, and it has made me think on how oblivious i am to the world and what type of scandals go on behind our backs.

Genre: Techno-Thriller, Conspiracy
Publisher: Corgi
Year Of Publish: 2001
Pages: 592

Deception is in the air, can you feel it?
 
But of course as ever the criticisms will be involved within this review. Although today i'm in quite a good mood, so that would probably make the rating higher than intended. Beware! I have decided that i'm going to start it off with how much success that this author has already without me saying anything. First of all, he has two film adaptations based upon his work and he is having another based upon his fourth book 'Inferno' which is due for release in 2015. But not only this, his main character within that series, 'Robert Langdon' is portrayed by the actor Tom Hanks. Who if you already know has been in many films such as: Forrest Gump; Saving Mr Banks; Philadelphia; Saving Private Ryan; Toystory and Captain Phillips. So, i guess very well known. (A little bit of an understatement)

Onto the Criticisms!

It is a huge book. From when i first began the novel to when i had finally finished it, it took around 11 days to complete. Way out of my normal reading routine! When looking at books this huge you sort of become a little demotivated. But i got through it and survived- at least that is a postitive thing. I may have wondered a bit with my mind whilst reading the book, because in some places it did feel like the type of writing style you get from from free ebooks. But don't worry I'm going now onto the positives. Yay!

Positives! 

Well it definitely gives some revelant information. I learnt quite a bit, which you just know from reading alot , you don't always get well detailed books that you could take to the bank! But this, well it would be easy to remember points made. Maybe I'll even remember this for a very long time!Although the main point about this is that it wasn't something that i would normally read, therefore by trying out Dan Brown himself, it has made me think twice at giving all these well recognised authors a shot. (I'm quite mean, i tend to like the hidden jewels!)

Overall, i found that i am definitely going to carry on with reading the other five books, which at the moment it is Digital Fortress so that will be interesting to see if it's better than the last. I just hope that it doesn't all go down hill from here! My final rating for this book is 4 stars- very generous today!

Once again, it's that time to say goodbye. But don't worry, it's less than a week till you hear from me again. I'm not going anywhere yet!
 
Kiki
XxX


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Snow Song by Sally Gardner

Synopsis : 'Women imprisoned by superstition, chained by guilt. Perched on a mountain in a land of ancient forests is a village, rife with secrets. Cut off from the outside world it is run by the elders, men to whom tradition is all. Edith lives alone with her alcoholic father who is forcing her to marry the village butcher. But she is in love with a shepherd who promised to return to her. As the village becomes isolated in a sea of snow, Edith loses her power of speech. And it is this enchantment that will have far-reaching consequences, not only for Edith but for the whole village.'

Frankie and the Gift of Fantasy by Ruthy Ballard

I have always been captivated by the thought that there could be something beyond this world, yet connected by our very own. 'Frankie and the Gift of Fantasy' is set in the age range of being a children's book which is meant to help children think, evaluate and learn, not only about what is beyond our own world, but what happens on Earth today.  Frankie can be considered somewhat of a dreamer like any normal kid with some amount of creativity should be. The only problem is that when he needs to be practical according to his parents, his mind is instead, is up in the clouds. But this is not necessarily a bad thing, not when he is transported through a crack in the wall to a place called 'Urth'. The writing can be seen as very colloquial, to the point that it feels as though not only are they omniscient of Frankie and the events that will take place, but it feels like they are reeling the events to only the reader. Almost like they are talking about the story in the s...

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown

For something new this year I have decided that it would be different to try out something new on the blog. Every week from now on I am going to find a word that I find to be interesting. So for this week the word is: denouement - the resolution of a mystery. Publisher: Corgi Books Pages: 593 Year it was Published: 2004 Places: Paris, London, England, Roslin Original Language: American English So do you remember when I showed you my TBR pile of Dan Brown books? I am sure that you are thinking where they have all got to! Well the reason because of this is I wanted a change for a little while and I have loads of other books to get through - as well as the obvious blog tour and interview! Unfortunately there won't be a relentless amount of Dan Brown reviews for the time being, after this one. I have only just started The Lost Symbol and there are plenty other reviews that are for other books. Plot Summary  For the Robert Langdon series second instalm...

Just the Two of Us (Book 1) by Ryu Hyang

  SYNOPSIS 'Soohyuk: a paediatric emergency medicine specialist. A man who never eats something someone else gives him.  Soohyuk, the tyrant who rules S University Hospital's paediatric emergency room. He only cares about treating sick children, whether or not that gets in the way of advancing his career. He, a grouch to everyone aside from the patients, suddenly starts noticing a woman: the woman who feeds him. Yuna: a chef who makes boxed lunches. A woman who panics and collapses whenever she meets a man, due to trauma from her past. Wanting to do what she likes rather than going off to college, Yuna opens up her own business that specialises in boxed lunches. A Tasty Meal. She gets scared when one day she sees the tall Soohyuk standing outside her restaurant, but she soon learns he is only drawn to the delicious smell. And, somehow, she comes to be in charge of his everyday meals. When Soohyuk meets Yuna, a confident, surefooted woman who gets startled and scared when he co...

An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth: Life Lessons From Space by Chris Hadfield

I usually hate non-fiction so very much. I tend to find it utterly boring as well as depressing. But with this book it is completely different. It stands on it's own two feet by being irregular and unique in my eyes. It's inspirational. He's a role model to anyone who has met him, read him or seen him on YouTube singing 'Space Oddity'.   Here is the YouTube that he recorded on the ISS of Space Oddity if you haven't already seen it. But seriously who hasn't? Anyway if you have seen it, why not see it again? It is really good. Anyway, the book itself, is a very good example with motivating people to aspire to what they really want to do. Rather than just simply dreaming of their dream, he is saying to put those words into actions and finally into reality. But not only that, if you don't exactly get to the place as to which you really want to strive to be, that's ok. It doesn't mean that you are a failure. No one is a true failure, unless you ...