Skip to main content

Disaster Chef by Nadia Sawalha and Kaye Adams


See the source image

So this time I decided to take a different route when it comes to reviewing books. This is because, for one time only, I will be reviewing a cookery book. I know. Not really something that you see on this site regularly. However, I did buy the book and it is one - so does that qualify? I guess so.

The thing that makes this cooking book so different to those which I had seen from the past is the simplicity of it. As a student myself, I don't like to waste my time on preparing food in a completely different language of food lexical fields. So, you can probably tell that this has a completely opposite refreshing feel to it. What is not to love when it comes to having a bacon and marshmallow butty? Who cares about our conscience telling us about the drastic amount of calories and sugar that must be in such a small amount of food?

One part of this book however, that I truly love is how there is a conversation in itself between the two authors. It makes it feel very human, unlike the high-rising chefs on the television trying to explain their recipes on their shows. No. You can definitely feel like what they have made, despite looking incredible, is truly possible for someone who hasn't even picked up a spatula before. It gives me hope and for once, after buying a book such as this, I feel as though I am actually going to cook for once.

So, to make sure that I do try these recipes, I have decided that I want to post what I have created in the next couple of months. Who says that making nice food is impossible?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunburn by Darren Dash

This is the cover of the recently published book "Sunburn" by Darren Dash (yes, it actually does feature a character getting burnt), which was published earlier than expected on the 1st May. This truly seems like a momentous event. This author has probably influenced my reading patterns the most, since I first picked up a book just for leisure. He is truly an inspirational guy. The cover itself is very sinister. The mix of reds and oranges as well as the sun connotes that the sun plays an antagonising role in the story. Maybe even a factor to all of the characters downfall. The simplicity makes it very intriguing as well as making it feel very uncomforting. Simple but well executed. This demonic masterpiece does not fail to disappoint even the most biggest of horror fans. Set in a perfect setting, the characters are strong, that even the smallest mistake they make can be very vexing. It focuses on three characters: Dominic; Curran and Martini. Who despite

Frostfire by Amanda Hocking

It is back to Amanda Hocking this week, with her new book that I have recently been talking about, when reviewing her other series, the Trylle Trilogy. Although, this book is now in a new series, but set in the same universe. It is called the Kanin Chronicles... I must admit, when actually owning the book, the cover is very enchanting and beautiful. How for instance, the main character and protagonist, Bryn Aven, is at the centre of attention, with her coat covered in red. Whereas in the background, it is very muted colours, with the whites and blacks, but also having a sort of wonderland type of presence. Red to me also makes me feel quite uncomfortable and moreover is a colour for danger. So, onto the criticisms then! First of all, I don't know why but I felt a little bit out of place with this new world. Maybe it is because I read the other series in the same universe, I may have gotten used to them far too much. So when there are old characters appearing and being ment

June TBR

As it is the first of the month, I realised that I haven't actually given you any updates on the latest and greatest new books that I have recently bought. And trust me there is quite a few! I'll give you the Sun by Jandy Nelson:   I love the colour of the book jacket. When first discovering this treasure I was probably more interested in how all of the pages have been spray-painted in my favourite colour, yellow. But when looking at the blurb on the reverse, I became very intrigued. As by many people, I prefer a blurb that tells me quite a bit about what is the story, although, with this book it is very vague and is summed up in as few as two to three sentences. The mystery of what might happen is very exciting!     The Heir by Kiera Cass:                                                  This book I guess is very special to this blog. Not only is it the fourth chapter in the selection series, that from many fans, never thought they would be able to see