Skip to main content

The Crown by Kiera Cass

It is sad you know? Seeing this all coming to an end. However, if you think about it, it won't be a complete end until i read the 'Happily Ever After' book, which has some small novellas that focus on the series. Although, i do feel that i don't really want to read it just yet as it means that it would have officially ended then for me, after all of these years.

If you had been with me from the very start, my first post was actually a review of the first three books of the series. Everything seems to have changed drastically since then.

 
If i am being totally honest, when first laying my eyes of the final cover of the selection series, may have been a little bit judgemental. Not only because of the fact that i felt, not only is it very predictable, but it would have been nice to have colours that symbolise both femminity as well as leadership. Which when looking at this at first, it makes me think of 'primary' colours that everyone uses for girls, when they don't know what colours of presents they want to give to a certain person.
 
However, upon the second glance of it being on my bookshelf with all of the other books from the series, i believe that i may have been a little hasty in my judgement. It actually looks quite nice when you put all the books together, it can be seen to be a very effective colour, even sticking with a certain colour scheme.
 
To be perfectly honest, i am not overly fond of Evelyn, she's ok, but not a protagonist which i sympathise with. She feels more like a spoilt brat who can't seem to get her own way. I just kind of feel sorry for the person she ended up with in the end, because they seemed more decent than she would ever be. At least we got to see America and Maxon for the final time. Just so sad that we will never read about the perfect couple ever again.
 
But hey, gives me more of an excuse to once again find the perfect romance novel!
 
 
***
 
 
 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Chopping Block!

I know that I have already done Darren Shan, but this is one of the last books that I will be reading his works- except for the particular Zom-B novels that are still be published at this exact moment in time. The Zom-B novels will be the last review I will be doing of Darren Shan myself, unless I allow someone else to guest blog and do one of his other sagas. So the sooner that I get this all done the better I guess for you the reader. But just to be clear, I love this writer so much that I have read over 34 books of his- I think that I am obsessed! Genre: Horror, Dystopian Publisher: HarperCollins Year Of Publish: 2010 This is my book of " The Thin Executioner " and is presented for those who don't mind a quest in an unfriendly environment, as well as some confusing names to remember! It is said that in which through some of his interviews, that he prefers this work compared to his others that he wrote. Although, he may be different now, with the fact of how

The Fabulous Kiera Cass's Books!

Hey! I'm Kiki and my main objective for this blog is to go through with you, the reader, the books I am reading- as well as giving those tough old criticisms. Of course, if you have already scrutinised this blog quite a lot already, you would already know that this is true. So far I have read 20 books during this year. Yeah, I know not as much as the book tubers which on average they read 100 each year. But I'm not perfect- I'm only human! So who will be my first victim I see? I'm only joking! The first author who will be under my scrutiny will be the delightful and funny Kiera Cass with her entries including The Selection, The Elite and The One. Here we go... Genre : Dystopian Romance The Selection!- 3 stars The Criticisms! Throughout the whole of this book there was little going on. Probably because of the fact that there is two more books afterwards, and Kiera is trying to prolong the time when the action actually does happen, which is probably so then

Frostfire by Amanda Hocking

It is back to Amanda Hocking this week, with her new book that I have recently been talking about, when reviewing her other series, the Trylle Trilogy. Although, this book is now in a new series, but set in the same universe. It is called the Kanin Chronicles... I must admit, when actually owning the book, the cover is very enchanting and beautiful. How for instance, the main character and protagonist, Bryn Aven, is at the centre of attention, with her coat covered in red. Whereas in the background, it is very muted colours, with the whites and blacks, but also having a sort of wonderland type of presence. Red to me also makes me feel quite uncomfortable and moreover is a colour for danger. So, onto the criticisms then! First of all, I don't know why but I felt a little bit out of place with this new world. Maybe it is because I read the other series in the same universe, I may have gotten used to them far too much. So when there are old characters appearing and being ment