Skip to main content

Stake-Out by Lily Luchesi


Hi guys! We all know what the post is about this week. Last week I revealed to you the cover of Lily Luchesi's upcoming book. And there is no surprise to tell you that I will be reviewing it for you today.

So first of all, I want to remind you of what I have shown you last week:


The book itself consists of around 100 pages -- pretty short and sweet. I kind of liked it this way. Sometimes I find vampires very hard going and having it in a "never-ending" sort of book, really can take a toll. It was snappy in a way that gets to the point, which is brilliant compared to those books are "padded" out for the sake of it.

I like the idea where there is more than vampires. It focuses on a wide range of paranormal creatures, which have been weaved together effortlessly, into the story. Rather than placing all of them in the background to set the stage. It demonstrates the skill of being able to personify more than one character. Everyone has their individual personality of their own.

Overall, it is a thrilling, mystical and mysterious read for those who both love paranormal and romance.

Rating: ****

Want to find out more?


Bio:

 

Lily Luchesi is a young author/poet born in Chicago, Illinois, now residing in Los Angeles, California. Ever since she was a toddler her mother noticed her tendency for being interested in all things “dark”. At two she became infatuated with vampires and ghosts, and that infatuation turned into a lifestyle by the time she was twelve, and, as her family has always been what they now call “Gothic”, she doesn’t believe she shall ever change. She is also a hopeless romantic and avid music-lover, and will always associate vampires with love, blood and rock and roll. Her interest in poetry came around the same time as when she was given a book of Edgar Allan Poe’s complete work. She then realized that she had been writing her own poetry since she could hold a pen, and just had not known the correct terms. She finished her first manuscript at the age of fourteen, and now, at twenty-one, has two contributing credits in anthologies and a debut novel, Stake-Out, is soon to be published by Vamptasy Publishing on May 18th, 2015.

 

Purchase the Wishful Thinking anthology, featuring my short horror/sci-fi story, "Kill 'Em With Kindness": http://www.amazon.com/Wishful-Thinking-Wishes-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00P0L0JCI/ref=asap_B00GBFAE0E_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417128797&sr=1-1

 

I'm a published poet in the anthology The Struggle with my poem "Aftermath": http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G95Y0A6

 

Read my FREE debut short story "The Ghost's Guitar" on: http://peoplewritethings.wordpress.com/2014/09/03/the-ghosts-guitar/

 

Links:

 

www.twitter.com/LilyLuchesi

 

www.facebook.com/LilyLuchesi (page)

 

www.facebook.com/lilyluchesibooks (friend)

 

www.instagram.com/lilyluchesi

 

http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7369101.Lily_Luchesi

 

Stake-Out Synopsis:

 

Detective Danny Mancini is on a case, following a murder suspect. When he catches him, he finds out that the perp isn't even human: he's a 200 year old rogue vampire!

The department doesn't believe him, and puts him on early retirement, despite his many years of service to the Chicago Police Department, which sends him into a downward spiral.

Two years later, Danny gets an invitation from the beautiful, young and very attractive Detective Angelica Cross to join a secret branch of the FBI to help her track down Vincent, the wayward vamp.

But renegade werewolves, meddling immortal witches and Danny's strange visions of a life lived a century ago with Angelica make things more difficult than it should be.

Like Crossing Pixies Facebook page! facebook.com/crossingpixies





Comments

  1. Thank you for the great review! xoxo LL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

On The Chopping Block!

I know that I have already done Darren Shan, but this is one of the last books that I will be reading his works- except for the particular Zom-B novels that are still be published at this exact moment in time. The Zom-B novels will be the last review I will be doing of Darren Shan myself, unless I allow someone else to guest blog and do one of his other sagas. So the sooner that I get this all done the better I guess for you the reader. But just to be clear, I love this writer so much that I have read over 34 books of his- I think that I am obsessed! Genre: Horror, Dystopian Publisher: HarperCollins Year Of Publish: 2010 This is my book of " The Thin Executioner " and is presented for those who don't mind a quest in an unfriendly environment, as well as some confusing names to remember! It is said that in which through some of his interviews, that he prefers this work compared to his others that he wrote. Although, he may be different now, with the fact of how

The Fabulous Kiera Cass's Books!

Hey! I'm Kiki and my main objective for this blog is to go through with you, the reader, the books I am reading- as well as giving those tough old criticisms. Of course, if you have already scrutinised this blog quite a lot already, you would already know that this is true. So far I have read 20 books during this year. Yeah, I know not as much as the book tubers which on average they read 100 each year. But I'm not perfect- I'm only human! So who will be my first victim I see? I'm only joking! The first author who will be under my scrutiny will be the delightful and funny Kiera Cass with her entries including The Selection, The Elite and The One. Here we go... Genre : Dystopian Romance The Selection!- 3 stars The Criticisms! Throughout the whole of this book there was little going on. Probably because of the fact that there is two more books afterwards, and Kiera is trying to prolong the time when the action actually does happen, which is probably so then

Frostfire by Amanda Hocking

It is back to Amanda Hocking this week, with her new book that I have recently been talking about, when reviewing her other series, the Trylle Trilogy. Although, this book is now in a new series, but set in the same universe. It is called the Kanin Chronicles... I must admit, when actually owning the book, the cover is very enchanting and beautiful. How for instance, the main character and protagonist, Bryn Aven, is at the centre of attention, with her coat covered in red. Whereas in the background, it is very muted colours, with the whites and blacks, but also having a sort of wonderland type of presence. Red to me also makes me feel quite uncomfortable and moreover is a colour for danger. So, onto the criticisms then! First of all, I don't know why but I felt a little bit out of place with this new world. Maybe it is because I read the other series in the same universe, I may have gotten used to them far too much. So when there are old characters appearing and being ment